Friday 12 August 2011

Party Wall Act

Excellent news today! I was sure that my extension did not fall under the Party Wall Act but my neighbour has been relentless in their insistence that it did and they had sent a pretty threatening letter from their solicitor regarding this. So I decided I had better get a Party Wall Surveyor in to confirm this, it will cost £100 but I will know for sure.

Well it turns out I was right and the Act does not apply and I did not need to serve notice, which I of course had not as if you serve notice and the Act does not apply you still have to follow the Act as you served the notice.

So now I can build with no fear of a injunction and if my neighbour takes one out they will fail at their own costs.

My advice is neighbours may threaten you, dont be scared and get your facts right, if you are right stand your ground and dont let them bully you.

No comments:

Post a Comment